Benefits for Energy Leadership Challenge Participants
In addition to increased energy and cost-savings, participants in the Energy Leadership Challenge receive enhanced benefits and technical support to help them achieve 7.5% in savings:
- Energy Savings Portfolio: An Efficiency Vermont account manager and/or energy consultant is assigned to work with each business to develop a customized portfolio of energy saving opportunities. The key elements to develop portfolios include:
- An increased Efficiency Vermont incentive to cover up to 75% of an energy audit cost.
- An in-depth analysis by Efficiency Vermont of the business’s current utility bill(s).
- Support from Efficiency Vermont to help businesses become early adopters of Smartgrid technology and data, so that they can realize greater energy and cost savings.
- Collaboration with other available resources to assist businesses in reaching their goals.
- Information Sharing: Efficiency Vermont is providing a tool for businesses and Efficiency Vermont staff to collaboratively access and manage portfolios of energy saving opportunities.
- Marketing Support to Share Success: Support will include both direct assistance to each business and opportunities such as media releases, advertising, and networking events that promote participating businesses as Vermont business energy leaders.
Over the two-year timeframe of the challenge, other benefits will be offered to help each business achieve its goal. We’re committed to helping Vermont businesses achieve the savings, and we’ll continually be striving to find the best resources, whether technical or financial, to make each participant’s goals a reality.
Timeframe: July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2013.