ENERGY STAR® home benefits
When you live in an ENERGY STAR qualified home, you'll have:
- At least 15% lower energy bills than homes built to minimum state energy code requirements.
- Lower maintenance costs — Your home will be more air-tight and better ventilated than an ordinary house. That means reduced likelihood of common moisture problems, like sweating windows, paint failure, mold growth, structural damage, and ice dams.
- Healthier indoor air — Proper ventilation means less risk of mold, mildew, dust mites, or back drafting from combustion appliances.
- Greater comfort — You’ll eliminate drafts and have greater control of indoor temperature at lower energy costs.
- Pride — Your home will be approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as ENERGY STAR qualified. By saving energy, you’re helping to protect the environment.
Are you a residential new construction builder? Visit the Residential New Construction Partners section.