Choose an ENERGY STAR® clothes washer and save.
Clothes washers and dryers are the two highest energy-using appliances in the average home, after refrigerators.
Save water, energy, and time by purchasing a new ENERGY STAR clothes washer. ENERGY STAR clothes washers use 35-50% less water and 50% less energy per load. The washer design causes less wear and tear and fewer wrinkles on clothes. Bulky items such as blankets fit easily in the super capacity basket. Better water extraction during the spin cycle means less drying time, for even more energy savings.
ENERGY STAR qualified clothes washers:
- Save up to $60 a year in energy and water costs.
- Save as much water each year as an average person drinks in a lifetime.
- Save enough water-heating energy to light the average home all year.
- Use 50-70% less energy per load.
- Use 35-50% less water per load.
- Shorten drying time, saving as much as 25% of the energy your clothes dryer uses.
- Cause less wear on clothes.
- Cause fewer wrinkles on clothes.